Wednesday, August 3, 2016
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I'm sad to say that it is nearly back to school time and our School Supply resources has been posted.
I have updated the mobile food pantry for August.
Quick reminder: HEAP's Summer Crisis Program is still available through Aug. 31st. See article below!
Please let me know if there is anything you would like to add on here!
Otherwise, have a great week:)
Clark CountyThursday, August 4th, 5pm-7pm: Second Harvest Food Bank, 701 E. Columbia St.
Friday, August 5th, 1pm-3pm: Restored Life Ministries, Taking it to the Streets, 1117 Innisfallen St.
Friday, August 5th, 4pm-6pm: Rocking Horse, 651 S. Limestone St.
Wednesday, August 10th, 2-3:30pm: Roses, 2960 Derr Rd. Spfd
Thursday, August 11th, 4-6pm: Tecumseh Safety Day, 9830 W. National Rd.
Saturday, August 13th, 10am-12noon: Clifton Avenue Church School Give Away, 1408 Clifton Ave
Saturday, August 13th, 3pm-5pm: Greater Grace Backpack Event, Rose Park,1413 Oakleaf Ave.
Friday, August 19th, 12 Noon-1pm: United Church of South Vienna, 227 E. Main St. S. Vienna
Saturday, August 20th, 9am-11am: St. John's Church Back to School, 34 W. Pleasant
Friday, August 26th, 1-2 pm: Christ Chapel Church of God, 2404 Troy Road, Spfd
Saturday, August 27th, 10-11am: St. Charles Borromeo, 31 N. Chillicothe St., South Charleston
Monday, August 29th, 9-10:30am: Sunset Ave., Across from Southern Village Shopping Center
Saturday, August 6th, 11am-1pm: Champaign County Community Center, 1512 S. St. Hwy 68
Tuesday, August 16th, 10-11am: St. Mary's Catholic Church, 231 Washington Ave. Urbana
Thursday, August 25th, 3:30-4:15pm: Cherry Arbors, 125 Cherry St. N. Lewisburg
Thursday, August 25th, 4:45-5:45pm: St. Michael's Church, 40 Walnut St. Mechanicsburg
Monday, July 4, 2016
July 1st-August 31st, 2016
Utility payment assistance
To be eligible:
Must have an income under 175% FPL
Someone in the household must:
have a medical illness verified by a Physician OR be over age 60
Clark County: 1-844-356-8135
Champaign County: 937-772-9164
Madison County: 740-852-3511
Monday, June 27, 2016
Salvation Army (322-3434) no assistance currently available
St. Vincent De Paul (322-0838) can help with rent, utilities, and other various emergency financial assistance. Taking phone calls Tuesday or Friday at 10:00 am.
HEAP (844-356-8135) SUMMER CRISIS - Call for PIPP
PRC through DJFS (327-1700) can help with various emergency financial assistance, you must have an income and children to qualify.
Champaign County Emergency Assistance
Community Action (772-9164) various assistance and Summer Crisis currently available
PRC through DJFS (484-1500) can help with various emergency financial assistance, you must be working and have children to qualify.
Madison County Emergency Assistance
Community Action (740-852-3511) Summer Crisis currently available
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- Lunch, Noon-1:00pm, Ronez Manor Apartments, 1948 Wilkes Dr. (off of Home Road)
- Lunch, Noon-1:00pm, Sunset Hills Apartments, 924 Sunset Ave. (corner of John & Sunset)
- Dinner, 4:30pm-5:30pm, Inside Out, 501 Wittenberg
Available June 6th-August 5th, Monday-Friday (not on July 4th)
- Lunch, 11:30am-Noon at Smith Park in New Carlisle
- Lunch, 11:30am-Noon at Park Layne Raynor Park (off Weinland St.)
Champaign CountyUrbana City Schools Summer Feed Program
Children ages 1-18 can enjoy a meal at NO COST; Adult meals are $2.50
May 26th-August 19th:
- Breakfast, 8:30am-9:30am, East Elementary, 630 Washington Ave.
- Lunch 12:15-1:15pm, East Elementary, 630 Washington Ave.
- Breakfast, 8:30am-9:30am, YMCA, 191 Community Drive
- Lunch, 11:30am-12:30pm
- Lunch, 10:30am-11:00am, Gwynne Village Apt, 719 Mosgrove Street
- Lunch 10:30am-12noon, South Elementary, 725 S. Main St.
- Lunch 12:15pm-1:00pm, Rolling Hills Mobile Home Park, 5579 Springfield Urbana Pk.
Madison CountyLondon: Available June 6th-Aug. 5th, children 1-18 yrs.
- Lunch, 11:30am-12:30pm, London Pool, 205 Park Ave.
- Lunch, 11:30am-12:30pm, Nazarene Church, 224 Elm St.
- Lunch 11:00am-12:30pm, Vineyard Church, 106 Olive St.
- Lunch 11:30-12:30pm, Mt. Sterling Community Center, 164 E. Main St.
We have finalized our Annual Summer Opportunities for Children resource guide. This shares information about local camps, recreational ideas and more for children this summer. Click on the county you would like to view. Feel free to print and share!!
Monday, May 9, 2016
Click Here for Clark County Food Pantries
Click Here for Champaign County Food Pantries
Click Here for Madison County Food Pantries
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Project Woman- Clark County:
An array of opportunities, including painting, snow shoveling, childcare and after school/ weekend activities. Call Andrea @ 328-5308
American Cancer Society- Multiple Locations:
Road to Recovery Drivers needed. Help cancer patients travel to and from their cancer treatments. Call 1-800-227-2345.
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
- Treatment of minor illness and injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of adult and pediatric conditions
- Flu shots and other immunizations
- General medical evaluations and wellness exams for newborns, children and adults
- Sports and occupational physicals
- Comprehensive obstetric services
- Annual wellness and gynecology exams